WELCOME TO OUR PREMIUM RACE SPONSORS!
Tailwind will be at all aid stations!
ROCKY PEAK TRAILS
Run through the mountains and canyons of Rocky Peak, famous as a movie ranch and outdoor film location for movies and television programs such as Star Trek, The Lone Ranger and The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin.
At Trail Run Events, we promise to give you the very best in beauty, challenge, and safety as you enjoy your running experience!
"Thanks Nancy - this was only my 2nd trail race (1st was Bulldog) and I really loved it. I picked Rocky Peak because I liked Bulldog so much. I'm already looking forward to my next race.
Thanks for sparking my love for trail running.
Alex Wood (2018)
ROCKY PEAK FEATURES
- 50K @ 7:00 a.m.
- 30K @ 8:00 a.m.
- 15K @ 8:30 a.m.
- Men's and Ladies' Dri-Fit Race Shirts
- Finisher Medals
- Awards to the First Place Male & Female Overall finishers in each race.
- Awards to the First Place Male & Female finishers in five-year Age Divisions for the 50k.
- Awards to the First Place Male & Female finishers in five-year Age Divisions for the 30k.
- Awards to the First Place Male & Female finishers in five-year Age Divisions for the 15k.
- Five (5) fully stocked Aid Stations on the 50k course; All runners must carry at least 40oz of fluids.
- Three (3) fully stocked Aid Stations on the 30k course; All runners must carry at least 40oz of fluids.
- One (1) fully stocked Aid Station on the 15k course; All runners must carry at least 40oz of fluids.
- TAILWIND is the official Race Drink!
- Nine (9) hours to complete the 50k
- Eight (8) hours to complete the 30k
- Seven (7.5) hours to complete the 15k
- Computerized Chip Timing
- Online registration closes at 8am on October 19. Ok to use online registration and bring your phone to the bib table.
- Race day registration opens at 5:30am for the 50k.
- Race day registration opens at 6:30am for the 30k.
- Race day registration opens at 7:00am for the 15k.
- CASH only for race day registration.
- Pre-registration is online only. We do not accept mail-in registration.
- Shirts and shirt sizes are not guaranteed for runners who register after August 25.
- Race management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, for any reason.
- Runners must be at least 18 y/o to run the race.
- Online registration will generate an email to you. Please check your SPAM folder if your email does not arrive.
BIB PICKUP INFO
- Bib pickup is on race morning only.
- Photo ID is required to claim your bib.
- Please do not pick up your bib if you do not intend to run. See the Race Director if you only come to pick up your race shirt.
- There are no early starts.
- 50K may pick up bibs @ 5:30 am.
- 30K may pick up bibs @ 6:30 am.
- 15K may pick up bibs @ 7:00 am.
Rocky Peak has a non-duplication awards policy so a runner who finishes First Place Overall does not qualify to win an Age Division Award. Therefore, your standing in your particular age group category may have improved due to other runners in your age group finishing in overall positions.
JOIN US FOR COURSE PREVIEW RUNS
- See HERE for Dates.
- There is no support on the at the training runs; Carry enough water to get you through the entire training run.
- Check our Latest Info page for updates.
Please be aware that the Sheriff's are aware of this event and will be monitoring traffic for speeding.
- From the Ronald Reagan Freeway (Hwy 118):
- Exit at Kuehner Drive
- Go South on Kuehner Drive to Smith Road
- Turn Left on Smith Road to Corriganville Park
SCHEDULE FOR ENTERING THE PARK
- Volunteers enter the park at 5:00am
- Aid Stations vehicles enter at 5:00am
- 50K may enter at 5:30am
- 30k may enter at 6:00am
- 15k may enter @ 6:30am
- There is no fee to park inside Corriganville
- Please follow the directions of the parking attendants.
- You may parallel park outside the park on Smith Road but please be considerate of residents.
- NEW - There is no parking on Smith fire road inside the park - please follow the directions of the parking attendants.
WEATHER ON RACE DAY
The weather in October can reach the 70s or even 80s and may be windy. One important aspect of training for this race is to be properly heat acclimated. Do your homework and Google "heat training for summer ultra marathons".
On race day, the course is marked with surveyor ribbons and arrows on the ground. There is always a possibility that hikers may tamper with course markings and this cannot be controlled. Always keep your eyes alert to your whereabouts. It is unlikely that you will get lost during the race. If you notice you are not seeing arrows or ribbons, simply back-track to the last mark you saw and you will be back on track.
Sweepers will leave Tapo Station at the cut-off time and will stay behind the last participant. Sweepers will pull ribbons and yes, they will actually carry brooms to sweep arrows. Because course marking may be removed behind you, it is important that runners always move forward on the race course, to avoid getting lost. Note to slower runners: Staying with the sweepers does not guarantee that you will make the cut-off times. The sweepers will stay with the last runner regardless of the pace set by the participant so if you want to make the cut-off times, you need to set the pace.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE USE THE DOWNLOADS