"THE FRIENDLIEST RACE IN L.A."
VALLEY CREST HALF MARATHON RACE FEATURES
- Half Marathon @ 7:30 a.m.
- 10K Trail Run @ 7:45 a.m.
- Men's and Ladies' Technical Blend Race Shirts
- Customized Finisher Medals
- Awards to First Place Overall Male & Female
- Awards to First Place Male & Female finishers in five-year Age Divisions
- Water stations at mile 2.5, 4.5, 7, 10 - all runners should carry one bottle
- Approximately 1700' of elevation gain and loss
- 4 hours to complete the course
- Computerized Chip Timing
- Race Day Registration and Bib Pick Up will begin at 6:00 a.m.
Valley Crest has a non-duplication awards policy so a runner who finishes first Male & Female Overall does not qualify to win an Age Division Award.
- First Place Overall Male/Female in each race will receive an award and comp entry into next year's race.
- Age Division Awards for the Half will be First Place Male/Female in five-year divisions.
- Age Division Awards for the 10k will be First Place Male/Female in five-year divisions.
- Pre-registration is online only. We do not accept mail-in registration.
- Race Day Registration will be available beginning at 6:00 a.m. Please bring CASH.
- Shirts and shirt sizes are not guaranteed for runners who register after April 30.
- Race management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, for any reason.
- Runners must be at least 14 y/o to run the race.
- Online registration will generate an email to you. Please check your SPAM folder if your email does not arrive.
BIB PICK UP INFO
- Pre-registered runners may pick up their bib beginning at 6:00 a.m.
- Please present photo ID to claim your bib
- Take the 101 to Reseda Blvd.
- Go south on Reseda Blvd. approximately 4-miles to the street end.
- Please note there is a two-way photo enforced STOP SIGN inside the park.
- Parking is head-in along Reseda Blvd. Do not park against red curbing.
- Parking fee is included in your race entry.
- Parking outside the park gates is parallel against the curb.
TIME LIMIT FOR THE RACES
- 10k runners have 3-hours to finish the race.
- Half marathon runners have 4-hours to finish the race.
- Runners must be through mile 7 station by 9:30 a.m.
- Runners must be through mile 10 station by 10:30 a.m.
- Race clock will stop running at 12:00 p.m.
WEATHER ON RACE DAY
The weather on race day is typically "June Gloom" with overcast skies. As always, things could heat up and you should be prepared to run in warm temperatures.
On race day, the course is marked with gypsum arrows on the ground. There is always a possibility that hikers may tamper with course markings and this cannot be controlled. Always keep your eyes alert to your whereabouts. It is unlike that you will get lost during the race. If you notice you are not seeing arrows , simply back-track to the last mark you saw and you will be back on track.
Sweepers will head out from the starting line and will stay behind the last participant. Sweepers will pull ribbons and yes, they will actually carry brooms to sweep arrows. Because course marking may be removed behind you, it is important that runners always move forward on the race course, to avoid getting lost.
EVENT CANCELLATION DISCLAIMER
Trail Run Events is optimistic that this event will happen in 2022. However, it is important that we all understand and agree that everything is fluid and unforeseen challenges and changes may happen in the future. Trail Run Events is constantly monitoring, educating and interacting with our local, state and national health care officials, permit holders and venue property owners regarding COVID19, wild land fires and Safe Trail Running and Racing. With the current social, medical and legal instabilities, it is impossible to guarantee that this event will happen as planned. Trail Run Events will conduct this event only if safe and legal as described by the CDC, state and local authorities.
Trail Run Events, CA State Parks, MRCA and the venue property owners reserve the right to amend and or cancel this event at anytime. As runners, we are part of a great community committed to health and wellness and together we will get through this. Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE USE THE DOWNLOADS.