Due to the cost of permit fees, we will not be able to issue comp entries for this event.
We are proud to serve Tailwind as Official Race Drink for the
Bulldog Trail Runs!
BULLDOG TRAIL RUNS
PREVIEW THE RACE COURSE WITH OTHER BULLDOGGERS!
Saturday, August 11
MESSAGE FROM THE RACE DIRECTOR
Join us in the scenic Santa Monica Mountains Recreation Area beginning at our base camp in Malibu Creek State Park where you will run past the famous MASH site before climbing up the infamous Bulldog Motorway to Castro Peak where you will be rewarded with miles of views of the Pacific Ocean before you wind down into the park for a fast finish! If you are bold enough to enter the 50K...
you get to do it twice!
- Men's and Ladies' Dri-Fit Race Shirts
- Finisher Medals
- TAILWIND will be the Official Race Drink of the Bulldog Trail Runs
- Awards to the top three Male & Female finishers in ten-year Age Divisions
- Seven (7) fully stocked Aid Stations on the 50K course - All runners must carry two bottles
- Four (4) fully stocked Aid Stations on the 25K course - All runners must carry one bottle
- Approximately 5572' total ascent and descent in the 50K
- Approximately 2786' total ascent and descent in the 25K
- Nine (9) hours to complete the 50K
- Eight (8) hours to complete the 25K
- Computerized Chip Timing
- Pre-registration is online only. We do not accept mail-in registration.
- There is absolutely NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
- Shirts and shirt sizes are not guaranteed for runners who register after July 15.
- Race management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, for any reason.
- Runners must be at least 18 y/o to run the race.
- Online registration will generate an email to you. Please check your SPAM folder if your email does not arrive.
- **Due to the 2017 increase in State Park fees, we will no longer be able to issue comp entries.
BIB PICKUP INFO
- Bib pickup is on race morning only.
- Photo ID is required to claim your bib.
- Please do not pick up your bib if you do not intend to run. See the Race Director if you only come to pick up your race shirt.
- There are no early starts.
- 50K runners may pick up their race bib beginning at 5:30a.m.
- 25K runners may pick up their race bib beginning at 6:30a.m.
Bulldog has a non-duplication awards policy so a runner who finishes in the Top 3 Overall does not qualify to win an Age Division Award. Therefore, your finish in your particular age group category may have improved due to other runners in your age group finishing in overall positions.
JOIN US FOR COURSE PREVIEW RUNS
- Saturday, July 14
- Saturday, August 11
WEATHER ON RACE DAY
The weather in August usually remains cool and overcast with ocean fog until around 8:30 to 9:00 AM then begins heating up. Afternoon race temperatures have historically ranged from 85F to 108F (29C - 42C). One important aspect of training for this race is to be properly heat acclimated. Do your homework and Google "heat training for summer ultra marathons".
On race day, the course is marked with surveyor ribbons and arrows on the ground. There is always a possibility that hikers may tamper with course markings and this cannot be controlled. Always keep your eyes alert to your whereabouts. It is unlikely that you will get lost during the race. If you notice you are not seeing arrows or ribbons, simply back-track to the last mark you saw and you will be back on track.
Sweepers will head out from the starting line and will stay behind the last participant. Sweepers will pull ribbons and yes, they will actually carry brooms to sweep arrows. Because course marking may be removed behind you, it is imperative that runners always move forward on the race course, to avoid getting lost.
CREWS & SPECTATORS are not permitted on the race course at any time. We provide seven aid stations for the 50K and you may have drop bags at mile 15 so crews are not required. Please ask your friends, family and fans to enjoy their day and wait for you at the finish line.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE USE THE DOWNLOADS